Wall Tile Instructions Adhesive:
- Recommended adhesive for installation is illbruck's AcouSTIC(part PA-02).
Other adhesives may not be compatible with our foams and may emit a strong odor.
- AcouSTIC adhesive
can be used either in a standard caulking gun or illbruck's applicator gun. One 10.5 ounce tube installs approximately
32 square feet of Contour panels.
- Always work with clean hands and work surfaces. Wear clean
cotton or canvas gloves when handling panels.
- Clean the surface to which the tiles are to be
applied to ensure it is free of dust and residue.
- Cut end of adhesive tube to produce a 1/4"
- First apply a 1/4" bead of adhesive around the perimeter of the panel approximately
1" from the edge.
- Second apply a 1/4" bead of adhesive from opposite corners through
the center of the tile to create an "X".
- Once the adhesive has been applied, quickly
place and press the panel firmly onto the surface and hold for 5 seconds.
- Next, pull the panel
away from the surface to allow the adhesive to become tacky. Then, gently but firmly, press the panel back into position.
- CAUTION: If you apply the adhesive too close to the edge it can squeeze out when the panel
is pressed into place. If the adhesive is applied more than 1" from the edge, the panel may not bond properly to the
- Overhead installations may require more adhesive and/or additional support
while the adhesive sets.
Ceiling Tile Instructions---Grid:
- Ceiling Tiles simply drop into place when used in a ceiling
- Always work with clean hands and work surfaces. Wear clean cotton or canvas gloves when
- Press tiles into place from above grid; do not pull from face.
- Cross-tees facilitate retrofitting of 2' X 4' tiles.
- Installation should be
performed at the end of the construction project.
- When cutting tiles, best
results are achieved when cutting is done on the back or flat side. Lay tiles on a clean surface when cutting.
- Use a sharp razor or fixed blade knife and metal straight edge. The knife blade should be long and sharp enough to
cut evenly through the entire thickness with a single measured stroke. Cutting with a dull blade can produce a rough, unsightly
- An electric carving knife will give you the perfect tool for cutting and trimming.
- When making freehand cuts to fit the panels around an obstruction, undersize the cut, then test fit and trim as needed
for an accurate fit.